There are certain places where the second you walk in your'e filled with an overwhelming joy. I'm not saying that just because this place is full of books, it's the atmosphere and the people who inhabit it that make Librería Casa Sol a truly unique place. For me, it's a sunshine house.
A couple of months ago, you could find me everyday from 3 to 7 pm behind the counter, it was just for a month but it was the best working month I've had. Time goes by thrice as fast when you're having fun, you know. When I left I took with me fun memories and a pack of great friends, whenever I come to visit I'm guaranteed a great time.
I came by yesterday and I chose for you nine of my favorite Casa Sol books. Believe me, choosing just nine out of their amazing stock was not an easy task. I was debating between Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dalí or Truman Capote and Jane Austen. My heart was torn. But in the end with the help of my Suns (that's my nickname for Casa Sol's staff) I chose nine books.
- (un)Fashion by Tibor and Maira Kalman. For the lovers of unconventional fashion, the authors take us to a worldwide adventure to get a glimpse of how different cultures dress. From cardboard shoes in Africa to an Indian Elvis in France.
- Zara Visión y estrategia de Amancio Ortega by David Martínez. The founder of the textile empire that is Zara tells the inside story of the brand, with never-before revealed facts.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. Nothing bad could ever happen to you at Tiffany's, says Holly Golightly. By the hand of Capote we are submerged to the world of extravagance and decadent lightness. One of my all-time favorites.
- Fill in the Blank: An Inspirational Sketchbook by Vahram Muratyan and Elodie Chaillaous. Are you art blocked? This tome is perfect for you, part doodling book, part sketchbook, and part design-inspiration workbook it will jump-start your imagination in no time.
- Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Costumers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks) by Dave Kerpen. A friend's recommendation is a million times better than any advertising, the author enlightens you on how to make your brand more likeable on social media.
- Manual de la Perfecta Cabrona by Elisabeth Hilts. In this book the author gives us women advise on how make our voice heard and our presence felt.
- Cupcakes: A Collection of Delicious Recipes by Sara Burford. Cupcakes are a simple and delicious way to enjoy cakes, serving size. This book has over 90 recipes for you to indulge. (It has a whole section on boozey ones!)
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny by Robin S. Sharma. A wonderful fable of self-growth in the shoes of a hotshot lawyer.
- Frida Kahlo 1907 - 1954: Pain and Passion by Andrea Kettermann. The history and art of one the few Latin american artists to attain global praise and reputation.
Come to Casa Sol and discover your new favorite book, they have a wide selection of hand-picked titles from classical novels to books that teach you how to belly dance! I'm sure you'll find a book that's just right for you. If you come to visit them during August tell them I sent you, show them this post and they'll be extra sunny by giving you a 10% discount off your buy!
Post a Comment